Well, that logically sounds correct. But as a chef, experimenting with different flavors is the key to having great chorizo recipe. In fact, in this experiment, I did not use Spanish chorizo recipe to mix in with the Spanish meatballs.
The reason for this is because the flavors might not be distinguishable. You always want to have your chorizo stand out in your chorizo recipe, or else why would we call it chorizo recipes? It might as well be any old seafood dish and the chorizo is only used as an additional ingredient.
But we are focusing on the usage of chorizo. So, we’ll be using a Mexican chorizo that is slightly spicy. Be sure not to choose too spicy Mexican chorizo or else it’ll overcome the other tastes in your chorizo recipes. Without further ado, here is another easy chorizo recipes.
Chorizo Recipes : Chorizo with Clams, Squids and Spanish Meatballs
This recipe is originally from Recipe from Good Food magazine. This is an easy chorizo recipe.
Time: 30 minutes to prepare and 25 minutes to cook.
- 25g butter
- 3 small shallots , diced
- 1 heaped tsp smoked Spanish paprika (we used the sweet, or dulce type)
- 3 garlic cloves , 2 crushed and 1 sliced
- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 50 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 300 g pork mince
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 ml olive oil
- 300 g Mexican chorizo, cut as per your preferences, large, small etc.
- 300 g cleaned squid , cut into rings
- 100 ml white wine
- 300 g chopped and squashed tomatoes (turn into a pulp with your hands)
- 400 g clams
- handful flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- extra-virgin olive oil
Chorizo Recipes : Method
- Melt the butter in a heavy-based casserole, then make softer the shallots for 5 mins.
- Add the paprika and smashed garlic clove as well as cook just for One min before paprika becomes aromatic.
- Dash in the Sherry, after that put everything into a bowl using the breadcrumbs. Season it and let it rest and cool for a bit.
- Add the pork mince and the egg yolk towards the bowl, after that beat nicely. Form them into 18 medium or small meatballs.
- Clean the pan, place it on the medium-high warmth, then add the olive oil. Fry the actual meatballs for five minutes, to add some color, after that lift onto a dish, however keep your essential oil in the pan.
- Sizzle the Mexican chorizo with the chopped up garlic clove. Include the squid as well as fry it to give just a little color.
- Now add the white wines and let it boil, scraping the bottom. Mix within the pulped tomatoes, let it boil, adding the meatballs and the clams.
- Cover as well as cook for five minutes before clam covers open. Discard any which stay shut.
- Spread using the cut parsley, drizzle with the extra virgin oil, after that serve with crusty bread.
Enjoy this easy chorizo recipe and don’t forget to let me know once you try it out.